Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Cobbler (2014) review


      When I was watching The Cobbler (2014) I felt like I was watching three or four different films. One of the things I look for when watching a film is, what is the film trying to achieve? How and what is it trying to say? Adam Sandler and Ellen Barkin try their best but it’s hard to know what performance to give when the director doesn’t know the film they want to make. Is this film a dark comedy or light hearted fairy tale? I don’t know and neither does the film. The movie shifts tones blindly as it bounds haphazardly down the road.
      The film has a few nice moments and some clever camera movements but unfortunately these are only flashes of competency. If you’re in the mood for either comedy or an Adam Sandler film there are numerous superior alternatives available.  



2 out 5 high heels








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you & have fun at the movies.